Senior Trademark Paralegal
- Arent Fox Schiff
- Los Angeles, California
- Dec 01, 2022
- Dec 31, 2022
- Contract Type
At ArentFox Schiff, we know that diverse backgrounds produce different perspectives, richer thinking, and more creative solutions to the challenges our clients face. We hope you share that vision. Join us and take on the challenge of doing meaningful work while helping us build a culture that reflects our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
JOB TITLE: Senior Trademark Paralegal
DEPARTMENT: Legal Support Services
REPORTS TO: Chief Practice Support Officer
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
LOCATION: This position is based in our Los Angeles, CA office
ArentFox Schiff has an open position for a Senior Paralegal with at least seven (7) years of trademark prosecution experience. This position would primarily support the trademark and copyright practice. This detail-oriented individual would be responsible for assisting attorneys with the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Prepare and file foreign and domestic trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Sections 8 & 15 declarations, and other filings
- Draft communications with clients and foreign associates
- Preliminary trademark availability searching
- Review office actions and summarize issues for attorneys
- Perform internal trademark searches and/or initial review of outside vendor search reports and preparing charts and draft findings
- Draft filing instructions for trademark applications
- Reporting deadlines to docketing and docket clearance
- Client communications, including reporting actions, deadlines and providing accurate charts of client’s prosecution matters
- Preparing agendas for monthly client calls
- Make preliminary evaluations regarding potential specimens showing use for submission
• Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and filing of documents, maintaining pleadings files and docket, searching for third party marks or evidence of use and related tasks
• Copyright experience or willingness to learn.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment required
- Must have excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program required.
Experience: Minimum of at least seven (7) years of trademark prosecution experience
ArentFox Schiff is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We maintain a policy of considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, citizenship status, order of protection status, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, source of income, military or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
* A job description is a general description of the function and major duties of a job. It may not specify all duties, tasks, and assignments associated with a job. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to direct, assign, and control the work of employees in a unit. Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to work effectively in a team environment, and ability to work in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities are requirements of all jobs at ArentFox Schiff. Additional job-related qualifications may be specified for some openings. Job descriptions are subject to periodic review.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Your goals define our mission. Whether an immediate need or a long-term objective, ArentFox Schiff helps you reach your full potential. As industry insiders, we partner with you to develop practical business strategies and sophisticated legal solutions to achieve today’s targets and anticipate tomorrow’s problems. We get you across the finish line.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at the link below.