Trademark Brand Paralegal – EMEA (Temporary)
The position will support our trademark legal team in EMEA. The rest of the group is based in New Brunswick NJ at J&J headquarters.
Remote working - we will consider candidates from Switzerland, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
- Executes domestic and international trademark searches, including trademark screening and searching online as well as evaluation of search results and opinions, to determine availability and scope of potential rights;
- Prepares and files domestic trademark applications and instructs international agents to initiate new filings, and manages prosecution of applications through registration;
- Conducts preliminary analysis, solicits and reviews opinions of outside counsel, and makes recommendations to in-house counsel regarding office actions, oppositions, cancellations and infringement actions;
- Maintains trademark application, registration and conflict portfolio management database, including data entry, docket review and preparation of reports for attorneys and business units;
- Reviews packaging, websites, advertising copy and evidence of use, and liaises with business partners regarding the same;
- Assists in the review and preparation of draft settlement agreements, coexistence agreements, letters of consent, undertakings, licenses, registered user agreements and other domestic and international agreements;
- Provides support and due diligence in connection with transactional matters.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Three (3) to six (6) years + of domestic and international trademark experience. In-house trademark experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in another European language (German, French, Spanish, etc.) is preferred
- Firm knowledge of domestic and international laws, regulations, and procedures relating to trademark prosecution and conflict matters is required
- Exhibits knowledge of Trademark Law Department docket management and research tools and demonstrates ability to generate reports and manage personal and attorney deadlines utilizing these tools
- Experience conducting preliminary trademark screens and creating reports on research results for purposes of trademark clearance or trademark prosecution strategy
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and resolve legal and procedural issues under the direction of an attorney
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as a part of a team, as well as to work proactively,independently and balance competing priorities is required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond to change
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and close attention to detail is required.
Please kindly apply via the link below