Director, Computational & Bioinformatics Patent Attorney
Looking for a unique in–house opportunity? Regeneron's Intellectual Property group has a brand–new role waiting for you! Join our team as a Director, Patent Attorney focused on Bioinformatics, Data Security and Computational Biology and help us protect some of the company's most important assets, including trade secrets and confidential information, on computer / network systems. Help us manage data and information security matters related to the use of software solutions and services. Work with a brilliant team of data scientists, software engineers, and computational biologists to protect innovations in the machine learning, data analytics, and digital health space.
As a member of the Intellectual Property Group, this Director, Patent Attorney will:
- Work together with Regeneron's InfoSec team to assess potential risks to the company's intellectual property from onboarding a new software tool or service
- Work together with Regeneron's security team to assess potential risks to the company's intellectual property from onboarding a new vendor
- Collaborate with Regeneron's Privacy Office
- Collaborate with scientific and business groups to improve data literacy and devise solutions for protecting Regeneron's intellectual property and information systems and networks
- Collaborate with Law Department colleagues on transactions related to software services
- Attend lab meetings and meeting with scientists to track new developments and determine whether and when to pursue formal IP protection
- Draft new patent applications to inventions related to machine learning, data analytics, and digital health, and work together with outside legal counsel to file and prosecute such patent applications in the US and around the world
This role may be for you if you have
- Expertise in computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and appetite for learning
- Ability to work independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and prioritising multiple matters.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team–oriented environment.
To be considered for this position you must possess a JD with excellent law school credentials. A PhD in life sciences (e.g., molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, immunology or related subject areas) is required; You must be licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in–house counsel, and must be licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. You should have at least 6 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or as in–house counsel. Preferably, you will have technological expertise in computational biology and bioinformatics, and will also have experience working at or with a biotechnology, pharmaceutical and/or health care company. You should have a proven understanding of patent law, as well as expertise in data protection strategies. You should also have a high level of business acumen and relationship building skills.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$182,800.00 – $304,600.00