Assistant General Counsel
When you join Honeywell,you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers anddoers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing theway we fly, fueling jets in an eco–friendly way, keeping buildings smart andsafe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywellisn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoyaccess to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help usmake the future?
We are looking to fill akey role assisting the General Counsel of Honeywell Building Technologies'(HBT) core products businesses: Commercial Fire, Commercial Security, BuildingManagement Systems, and Electrical Products. As an Assistant General Counsel for HBT's products businesses, we'relooking for someone who can help manage all types of legal matters related toHBT's hardware and software products which bring in close to $3.5 billion annually. In this role, you will work with the HBTProducts GC and a global team of lawyers and contract professionals to providecritical support for commercial contract negotiations, alliances, jointventures, M&A, dispute resolution, intellectual property matters (in coordinationwith internal IP counsel), as well as, providing advice concerning marketing,privacy, export, antitrust, & anticorruption matters (in coordination withinternal compliance counsel). You will anticipateand mitigate potential legal problems and develop strategies to avoid costlylitigation and reduce potential areas of risk tactically and programmatically.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues
- Providing legal advice to a range of clients, including senior management
- Collaborating to effect strategic business objectives
- Directing and managing external counsel
- Developing and implementing contracting policies, compliance reviews, and other business initiatives
YOU MUST HAVE
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Active license to practice law in a US state
- At least six years of professional legal experience, including transactional or litigation experience at a law firm or counseling experience within a corporate legal department
- Strong initiative and propensity for sound, decisive action
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills and business acumen
- Clear and effective executive communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to influence at varying levels of the organization, demonstrated through effective project execution and oversight
- General counseling experience, including working knowledge of IP, antitrust, anti–corruption and contracts law
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts, including with respect to services, product, and software sales
- Experience managing formal and informal disputes
- Experience with executing acquisitions and divestitures, including directing diligence reviews and negotiating transaction documentation
- Experience advising clients in a complex projects business with global operations
- Ability to work independently and with a team to execute key initiatives in a timely manner
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.