Trademark Paralegal-HYBRID- Multiple locations
National law firm is seeking an experienced Trademark Paralegal for our Denver, Madison, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, Washington, D.C. or Chicago offices. This role will be responsible for managing the day–to–day prosecution of domestic and foreign trademarks and copyright applications. This includes all aspects of trademark searching, clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement.
A full–service law firm with more than 350 lawyers and technical professionals who work in collaborative, interdisciplinary practices to serve clients around the world.
work with companies in all kinds of industries, as well as trade associations, nonprofits, educational institutions, governments, family trusts, and high–net–worth individuals. Since our firm's founding in 1848, we've continuously evolved to meet our clients' changing needs and expectations. One thing remains the same: For generations, clients have relied on Michael Best for exceptional legal service and business acumen.
- Complete electronic filings in the USPTO including the TTAB, and WIPO.
- Oversee all aspects of U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution, oppositions, and cancellations.
- Identify acceptable evidence of use; in particular, identifying good specimens.
- Conduct in–house trademark searches.
- Manage legalization of documents.
- Prepare Copyright applications.
- Manage IP portfolio, including international trademark portfolios.
- Prepare Customs applications, including recordings with Customs and Border Protection.
- Proficient with time entry practices.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of five years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient with relevant IP databases including USPTO and WIPO websites and Corsearch for searching and trademark watching.
- Familiarity with the Trademark Manual of Examination (TMEP).
- Experience with trademark docketing software, including docketing, running searches, and preparing portfolio reports.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects while managing critical deadlines.
- Self–motivated while working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Anaqua (or similar document management system) and/or iManage is a plus.
- Valid authorization to work in the US.
Offering a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards package that provides a variety of resources designed to enhance its employees' overall well–being, both at work and at home. Competitive base pay, outstanding benefits, opportunities for learning and growth, all programs designed to help you plan for the future, and perks that inspire your downtime are all part of our total compensation package.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.