Patent Attorney (Remote)
- Tandym Group
- South Plainfield
- Feb 02, 2023
- Feb 18, 2023
- Brand Protection
- Contract Type
A pharmaceutical company in New Jersey is currently seeking a licensed Attorney to join their staff Remotely as their new Patent Attorney. In this role, the Patent Attorney will be responsible for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications to support the goals of the company.
The Patent Attorney will:
- Obtain or perform subject matter patentability and freedom–to–operate searches as needed to support the goals of the company
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications as needed to support the goals of the company
- Interface with relevant stakeholders and external Patent Counsel to provide direction or instructions and/or review regarding potential responses to patent examination communications from Intellectual Property offices
- Attend internal meetings with relevant the company's s to obtain information for the preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Provide direction and support to the company's for the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications
- Contribute patent expertise while developing and executing the company's patent strategy; align with timing of the company's goals while satisfying patent statutory requirements
- Perform additional duties as requested or required.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible, demonstrated experience in preparing and prosecuting Patent Applications, including 6 years of experience with Patent Application preparation and prosecution (in–house or at a law firm) related to Pharmaceutical and/or Biopharmaceutical subject matter.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Admission to at least one State Bar
- Significant and ongoing experience in Pharmaceutical Small Molecule Patent drafting, filing and prosecution
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent Office
- Demonstrated experience preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications, including electronic filing of patent applications with the USPTO or a similar IP Office.
- Experience with Adobe, ChemDraw, and SciFinder
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Teams)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong atteniton to detail
- Highly organized
- Hands–on experience in Research, Preclinical, Publication Review, Business Development, Project Development, CMC, Clinical, Marketing, Commercial, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Corporate Communications, or associated Operations environments
- Hands–on Laboratory–based Scientific experience
- Hands–on experience filing Patent Applications using the USPTO's Patent Electronic Filing System (EFS–Web)