- Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
- Washington D.C.
- $70-90,000 Depending on Experience
- Feb 07, 2023
- Mar 09, 2023
- Trademark Administrator
This is a non-exempt position with a 40-hour work week and the need for occasional overtime. We provide competitive compensation and benefits and an enjoyable, good-natured work environment. The Docketing Specialist collaborates closely with IP and Trademark attorneys and paralegals to perform the following tasks:
• Manage docketing system of US and foreign trademark applications, registrations, watch notices, and adverse proceedings, including U.S. and foreign litigation, and trademark opposition, cancellation, non-use, and invalidation actions;
• Review correspondence and documents, verify deadlines, and enter due dates and reminders into the docketing system; • Ensure appropriate attorneys and paralegals have received all correspondence and documents; • Assist with saving correspondence and documents to electronic filing system (NetDocs);
• Enter all new matters into docketing system;
• Regularly update attorneys and paralegals regarding deadlines;
• Regularly generate and update status reports;
• Forward country trademark updates to IP/Trademark team;
• Regularly prepare docket reports for the team and for clients;
• Prepare docket portfolio reports and specialized reports for team and clients on prompt and occasional urgent on-demand basis; and
• Coordinate with CPI docketing vendor staff on report formats and templates.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience using CPI docketing platform, preferably both trademark and litigation modules;
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting IP and Trademark attorneys; and experience with document management systems, NetDocs preferred
• Experience with manipulating docketing data in Microsoft Excel and Word.
The ideal candidate is well organized, dependable, a self-starter, very responsive and timely, and flexible for overtime. He or she must also possess great verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, sound judgment, and must be computer literate, with proficiencies in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. The ideal candidate must also be able to meet deadlines under pressure and juggle numerous tasks simultaneously, both as an individual and as part of a team.