Associate Corporate Counsel
Ask Media Group is seeking a dynamic, customer–oriented individual to join our legal department as Associate Corporate Counsel. You will be part of a fast–moving, collaborative team that impacts all aspects of the organization. This position will work closely with product, sales and marketing to provide legal advice with respect to online properties and services and review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts.
What you'll Do:
- Provide legal advice and work on a wide range of topics related to various online properties and software applications, including intellectual property, compliance issues, industry standards, focused on consumer protection, marketing, advertising, intellectual property, sweepstakes, privacy, corporate governance, and labor law.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including advertising sales and sponsorship agreements, content and software licensing, API access agreements, search services syndication and distribution agreements, various vendor and G&A agreements, technology vendor, inbound and outbound licensing and advertising agreements, and independent contractor agreements.
- Maintain terms of service, end user license agreements, FAQs and privacy policies for multiple products and develop policies for new products.
- Train businesspeople with respect to legal and compliance requirements.
About your Legal Experience:
- JD from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials required.
- Must be an active member in good standing of a state bar (California a plus).
- Minimum 2 years of legal practice.
- Extensive background in internet, advertising, copyright, trademark, privacy law and contract law, including the drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions.
- Experience overseeing and closing large projects and transactions.
- Law firm and in–house experience preferred.
- Excellent legal and practical judgment and desire to work in a fast–paced
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Comfortable making decisions and exercising independent judgment.
- Adaptability and ability to work on a wide range of matters that arise on a day–to–day basis.
- Excellent problem–solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language for internal and external communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to reach consensus among individuals and groups.
- Superior drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humor
As an organization, we value transparency, collaboration, learning, and collegiality. We are passionate about learning and doing our best. Sometimes we fail, but we learn from these failures. All the while, we believe that maintaining work–life balance and having fun is the key to our success.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $135,000 – $150,000 USD annually. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Ask Media Group's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include annual bonuses, and short and long–term incentives.
In addition, Ask Media Group provides a variety of benefits to employees, including a remote work model, flexible paid time off for salaried employees, health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, free membership + subsidized rates for childcare, pet insurance, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.