Senior Manager, Business & Legal Affairs
- fox com
- Los Angeles
- Mar 06, 2023
- Apr 03, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX EntertainmentFOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the A18–49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9–1–1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible. JOB DESCRIPTION
Fox Entertainment is re–entering the international distribution business. FOX Entertainment Global is responsible for overseeing the global, multi–platform sales and distribution of intellectual property, owned and produced by FOX Entertainment and its growing portfolio of business units including Fox Alternative Entertainment, MarVista Entertainment, Fox Entertainment Studios, TMZ, Tubi, Bentobox and Studio Ramsay Global as well as, premium content acquired from outside producers.
Fox Entertainment Global is seeking a Senior Manager, Business & Legal Affairs (Attorney). As a Senior Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, you will primarily handle business & legal affairs matters in connection with Domestic & International Distribution on all platforms, as well as other legal matters as they arise.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, review, and negotiate domestic and international licensing and distribution agreements for multi–platforms, including but not limited to linear and on–demand exploitation
- Conduct research, analyze, and review program rights for sales purposes, including contract and Rightsline review
- Provide advice and counsel to management regarding licensing and distribution issues
- Handle other general corporate legal matters that arise from time–to–time
- Work closely with Sales, Revenue Ops and Content Ops
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Juris Doctor Degree
- 2+ years of attorney experience
- Working knowledge of entertainment industry practices, including but not limited to domestic and international licensing, distribution, and rights management
- Ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels, internally & externally
- Excellent attention to detail, strong drafting, and ability to spot issues quickly
- Self–motivated and able to handle more than one project at a time and accurately assess the priority of assignments
- Ability to work as a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Prior legal or business affairs experience in entertainment distribution or technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.