Legal Counsel - In-House Commercial
- 58000.00 - 75000.00 GBP Annual
- Feb 21, 2023
- Mar 20, 2023
- Contract Type
Legal Counsel opportunity with a Cambridge based global brand leader. If you are a UK qualified solicitor or barrister with 2+ PQE with excellent knowledge of commercial law/contracts together with related areas of statutory compliance, intellectual property, and data privacy issues this high–profile business can offer you an exciting and rewarding career step.
In addition to a fulfilling role within this dynamic environment you will, along with a competitive salary, enjoy an impressive portfolio of benefits which include:
- Annual bonus – 2 months' salary
- Share pool scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension
- Life & Health Insurance
- Opportunity for National & International travel
Reporting to the Head of Legal, key responsibilities of the role include:
- Advising the business on a full range of contracting issues ranging from procurement through to research partnerships and business development/marketing arrangements.
- Reviewing and drafting general commercial contracts and other documents (e.g. NDAs, master service agreements, master procurement agreements, terms and conditions, SOWs, research and development contracts with academic and commercial partners, consulting agreements, technical testing agreements and general procurement contracts (e.g. for real estate/materials/equipment);
- Supporting the business with key areas of statutory compliance including anti–bribery, modern slavery, data protection and export control.
- Conduct training sessions on compliance issues and other key areas for the business (e.g. anti–bribery, data protection, confidentiality/trade secrets, business conduct and other compliance activities), tailored to specific business and HR requirements. Delivering legal updates to ensure the teams are kept informed on relevant legislation changes and implications for the business.
- Support special acquisitions/strategic projects and certain corporate–related matters.
- Assist in developing and overseeing the implementation of legal policies and support for compliance initiatives across all research centres in the UK.
- Working as part of the European legal team to identify and support issues of regional importance.
A technical background or interest would be preferred albeit not essential. If you have the relevant experience, then please apply with a current CV for more information.