- MaxCyte, Inc.
- Mar 08, 2023
- Apr 05, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
MaxCyte is looking for a rising 2L or 3L law student to work alongside the small but mighty legal department for the summer. This is a paid internship that will run for approximately 10–15 weeks from end of May/early June 2023 until August 2023, with flexible start and end dates. Interns will be expected to work 30–35 hours per week. This is a hybrid position, where the intern will be expected to work in the Rockville, MD HQ office 2–3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Accepting applications through the end of April 2023.
The intern will provide legal support for the attorneys as well as for professionals in different business groups across the corporation. This position will provide unique insight into the in–house counsel role where the intern will attend internal meetings and interact with colleagues from other departments working on creative, innovative, and thought–provoking tasks that contribute directly to helping MaxCyte's cell therapy partners and customers. The legal intern will also have the benefit of working within a legal department comprised of diverse individuals with years of experience within the biotech industry. Each attorney will mentor, coach, and teach the intern to help them make the most of the internship experience and assist in the intern's professional development. The intern will report to the Associate General Counsel.
The legal intern will work on numerous items as they arise in real–time and be an integral part of the legal team for the duration of their internship. Under the guidance and supervision of the MaxCyte legal team, the legal intern may:
- Review and draft varying documents including non–disclosure agreements, vendor and service agreements, material transfer agreements, sales agreements and third–party correspondences in compliance with internal Company policies.
- Provide support managing IP portfolio and assisting with discrete patent and trademark items, including working with outside counsel on IP matters.
- Assist with managing and updating corporate books and records.
- Assist with preparing training materials to be delivered to various business groups, such as on contracts and/or intellectual property.
- Provide research and other assistance on various projects as needed.
- Rising 2L or 3L student currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school (in their first or second year).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have a strong interest in corporate transactional and intellectual property law. Undergraduate degree in life sciences or engineering is ideal but not required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude and willingness to assist legal department on a variety of projects.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate exemplary analytical and verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit discretion and confidentiality across all matters. Intern may have access to confidential information by nature of the work and location and must abide by all Company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Highly organized, focused, consistent, and detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines with quality work product. Strong time–management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt easily to change.
- Ability to think and work independently, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and prioritize workload.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without needing sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Note: To the extent permissible under applicable law, candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID–19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case–by–case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.