Corporate Counsel (Sr)
- Tremco Incorporated
- Mar 13, 2023
- Apr 10, 2023
- Contract Type
The position will require the successful candidate to:
- Develop strong partnerships with business leadership to provide counsel in connection with strategic plans while managing risk.
- Handle the review, drafting and negotiating of all types of agreements, letters of intent, and memoranda of understanding, impacting various areas of the business.
- Provide counsel and advice to the business in developing strategic relationships, including drafting, and negotiating documentation in connection with strategic alliances.
- Support real estate leasing, purchase, and facility construction projects from a negotiation and legal advice standpoint.
- Support the business internally in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Outside counsel will handle due diligence review, document drafting, and negotiating. This role will include liaising with outside counsel as appropriate and participating in project team calls to provide legal guidance to the business as they work through the internal aspects of business acquisition and integration.
- Have primary responsibility for legal matters in Europe.
- Coordinate and manage outside counsel efficiently and cost–effectively.
- Provide legal support for corporate reorganizations.
- Provide legal support in the areas of intellectual property management.
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law required, to be able to advise on legal entities as they relate to affiliate transactions and corporate reorganizations.
- Experience drafting and negotiating all types of agreements required.
- Merger & Acquisition experience preferred
- Law firm and in–house counsel experience preferred
- Some familiarity with intellectual property law preferred.
- Some familiarity with real estate transactions preferred.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent negotiation and creative problem–solving skills.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with large project teams and one–on–one with business colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. This includes proactively communicating with colleagues about complicated concepts in understandable ways tailored to varying levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to support business units