Senior Legal Counsel
- 50000.00 - 70000.00 GBP Annual
- Mar 10, 2023
- Apr 04, 2023
- Contract Type
Job title: Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Ipswich based, with weekly visits to the Cambridge office
We are looking for a UK qualified solicitor or barrister with 2 to 6 years post qualification experience.
I am delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client who is a Global Tech Giant, in securing an experienced Senior Legal Counsel. This is a high–level role for someone who is at the top of their game!
The focus of this legal role will be for general commercial, corporate and compliance matters arising from our research and manufacturing work in the UK. We are happy to consider existing in–house lawyers as well as private practice lawyers with previous secondment, in–house experience or a demonstrable commercial outlook in their working practice.
- Advise the business on a full range of contracting issues ranging from hardware/software procurement through to research partnerships and business development/marketing arrangements.
- Responsibility for reviewing and drafting general commercial contracts and other documents (e.g. NDAs, master service agreements, master procurement agreements, terms and conditions, SOWs, research and development contracts with academic and commercial partners, consulting agreements, technical testing agreements and general procurement contracts (e.g. for real estate/materials/equipment);
- Support the business with key areas of statutory compliance including anti–bribery, modern slavery, data protection and export control.
- Conduct training sessions on compliance issues and other key areas for the business (e.g. anti–bribery, data protection, confidentiality/trade secrets, business conduct and other compliance activities), tailored to specific business and HR requirements. Delivering legal updates to ensure the teams are kept informed on relevant legislation changes and implications for the company.
- Support special acquisitions/strategic projects and certain corporate–related matters.
- Assist in developing and overseeing the implementation of legal policies and support for compliance initiatives across all of our research centres in the UK.
- Working as part of the European legal team to identify and support issues of regional importance.
- Horizon scanning and advising management on new developments or business risks which may impact the business operations in the UK.
- Excellent knowledge of UK commercial law/contracts together with related areas of statutory compliance (e.g. ABC, modern slavery, data protection).
- Good knowledge of intellectual property and data privacy issues.
- Able to explain issues in plain English without legal jargon.
- Good drafting skills – able to work with existing templates and to create bespoke wording/documents as required by the business.
- An ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders on a local and global basis to develop strong working relationships.
- A commercial outlook which understands business needs.
- Good academic qualifications.
- Ability to work under pressure and to make sound decisions.
- A self–starter – able to work both alone and as part of a team
- Excellent planning, attention to detail, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to tight time schedules, prioritising and handling conflicting demands
- Previous experience of an in–house environment
- Experience of working on cross–border matters with colleagues and third parties from a variety of jurisdictions and legal systems
- Knowledge of employment law and/or real estate issues a plus
- Experience of company secretarial matters
- Familiarity with research projects between academia and business – knowledge of university decision–making and stakeholder processes
- Experience of working with UK Government on export control and other approvals
- UK qualified solicitor or barrister with 2 to 6 years post qualification experience.
If you are interested in this role, please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.