Legal Administration Assistant
5 days left
- BROWNS RECRUITMENT GROUP LTD
- 20000.00 - 26000.00 GBP Annual
- Mar 10, 2023
- Apr 03, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
DISPUTE RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT
SALARY DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
My client is an award winning South East law, Legal 100 firm that has grown rapidly since it was established in 1970, and has a headcount of approx 320. The firm provides a comprehensive range of commercial, dispute resolution and litigation, employment, cyber security and cyber–crime, corporate, intellectual property, real estate and technology, media and telecoms advice to both businesses and individuals.
- To provide legal & administrative support to fee–earners across the Dispute Resolution and Employment/Immigration Teams.
- To work alongside and with the supervision of the senior support person for these teams, assisting her and the other members of the teams in their day–to–day work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Opening and closing files in case management system.
- Scanning incoming documents to electronic files.
- Filing, to include putting files away at the end of the day.
- Assisting the teams' senior support person with month end billing and accounting.
- Dealing with accounts and obtaining Partner signature on dockets.
- Diary management for the teams to include internal, external & client meetings, as well as creating and maintain reminders for FE (for example, court dates)
- General typing as required including audio and copy typing to include proof reading, creating and formatting various correspondence.
- Closing files, dealing with account balances and arranging for them to be put away in storage when all standard procedures have been completed.
- Record–keeping – maintaining data for reporting purposes.
- Photocopying as required.
- Taking calls and passing on messages.
- Maintaining the teams' hard copy documents.
- Maintaining the teams' e–filing systems. Participating as a full team member taking on different roles and tasks within the teams when required.
- Participating in and contributing to department and team activities to help promote an effective working environment.
- To undertake such reasonable additional duties as are broadly consistent with this job description as may from time to time be assigned to the post by the line manager(s).
- Compiling client disclosure and efficiently organize/ order to present to the FE for new/ existing matters and assisting administratively with Witness Statements, Exhibits, Affidavits, Instructions to Counsel etc. to include proofing, paginating, and collating required documents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience of working in an office environment and previous legal experience is desirable.
- Some experience of litigation and/or employment work would be an advantage but is not necessarily required.
- The ability to work effectively within a team and provide support to team members at all levels, including solicitors, associates and partners as appropriate.
- Effective administrative and organisational skills, including maintaining a database and a filing system.
- A good telephone manner, good communication skills more generally and an understanding of the importance of client care.
- Competent IT skills including MS Office 365 (Outlook & Word), Digital Dictation and ideally experience with a case management system.
- Confident Excel skills sufficient to enable the reviewing of relevant matters and assist with billing.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work of a consistently high standard.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO TANYA BROWN AT BROWNS RECRUITMENT GROUP AS DIRECTED.