Associate Legal Counsel
- Pets at Home Ltd
- Mar 10, 2023
- Mar 28, 2023
- Contract Type
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK's leading pet care business, providing pets and their owners with the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 457 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The Group also operates a leading small animal veterinary business, with 444 veterinary General Practices located both in our stores and in standalone locations.
Our business is fast–paced, innovative and fun and its our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
We are looking for an Associate Legal Counsel to work out of our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire), and we can offer hybrid working from this location.
This is an opportunity for a junior Legal Counsel to provide legal support and advice across our business, offering key support to our internal IT and Commercial stakeholders. The role will work closely with the other members of the legal team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating IT and commercial contracts
- Developing and/or updating relevant templates, playbook and Terms & Conditions
- Assisting in managing contract management system and the relevant process
- Advising/liaising with various stakeholders, including but not limited to Group IT, Procurement, Marketing, Data Protection, Information Security and other teams and colleagues inside and outside of the company as required
- Drafting, reviewing and evaluating internal policies, legal documents as may be necessary
- Organising and participating in necessary legal/compliance training for employees
You will hold a degree in law with at least a year of post–qualified experience (PQE) in a law firm and/or in–house.
You'll be approachable and friendly and will be part of a friendly and welcoming Legal team.
Key experience/attributes include:
- Experience/knowledge of negotiating IT and commercial contracts is a pre–requisite
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP) is desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills and good command of spoken and written English
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail with a commercially pragmatic attitude
- Motivated and able to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
- Ability to drafts legal documents/summaries/emails in a concise and thorough manner, and in plain language
- Responds efficiently to routine legal questions and/or issues
- Ability to identify and analyse core legal issues within area of coverage
- Stays on top of regulatory changes and key case law
- Possess a proactive 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently within a hynrid working environment
- MS Office IT skills are essential
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you're a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK's leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we've been building a business around pets and their owners and we've set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that's focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We're driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we'll create the future of pet care.