- Mar 14, 2023
- Apr 11, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
Our Marketing and Business Development department has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Specialist in the Cleveland office. The Marketing Specialist is an exempt position that reports to the CMO and is responsible for supporting the marketing activities of the Cleveland office across all practice areas, including:
- Digital Assets and Data Management;
- Business Group;
- Intellectual Property;
- Labor and Employment;
- Cleveland office client events;
- Assist with Cleveland office internal events;
- Cleveland office's Inclusion and Diversity efforts; and
- Cleveland office Women's Committee.
This position works closely with the Firmwide BD & Marketing team to initiate, coordinate, and/or implement marketing and business development initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Managers in the BD & Marketing department located in Cleveland, the Marketing Specialist will manage practice team events/conferences, including establishing and managing budget, site selection, development of invite list, invitation process, promotion on social media and Firm website, event logistics, site set–up, CLE planning and post event follow–up and monitor required technology for virtual events and webinars. Events and other job responsibilities below may require working outside traditional business hours.
- Work closely with Firm lawyers and BD & Marketing department personnel to create client–focused brochures, thought leadership pieces, collateral and pitch materials that meet attorney specifications. For client proposal responses, gather and analyze existing relevant materials, provide competitive intelligence in conjunction with research team, identify and gather firmwide human resources and financial information as needed, gain final BD & Marketing department and lawyer approvals, proof and correct errors, conflict checks, format for consistency and visual appeal while upholding Firm branding standards, and coordinate the printing and timely delivery of business development and marketing materials.
- Assist with the preparation of Chambers, Legal 500 and other submissions for rankings and directories.
- Maintain relevant database of practice team experience, including but not limited to collection of matter summaries for use in the Firm's experience database and various directory reporting efforts.
- In coordination with Managers in the BD & Marketing department located in Cleveland, the Marketing Specialist will orchestrate sponsorship/membership opportunities, including vetting opportunities, arranging for payment, managing ad production, and arranging events, conferences, speaking opportunities, logins/passwords, marketing materials, etc., for these initiatives.
- Collaborate with the appropriate team members to maintain accurate and effective web content for the practice teams and attorneys.
- Support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, Firm photo, press release and intranet story, announcements, community involvement database, business development planning, and contacts integration.
- Assist the BD & Marketing Managers in staying abreast of news about client development targets in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration. In tandem with the Competitive Intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed. Create development activity reports.
- Respond to requests and questions from lawyers, administrative staff, and vendors; and follow–through on requests to ensure needs are met.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field along with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, Smartsheets and PowerPoint. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- A strong commitment to the core values of our Inclusion and Diversity Council and advancement of those goals. Working proficiency of inclusion and diversity related concepts and current awareness.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of professional and support staff, clients, or members of the business community. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients, and staff, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these interactions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to be detail–oriented and to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast–paced environment with strict deadlines. Outstanding creativity; flexibility and persistence; motivation and energy with the ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team. Demonstrate good judgment, tact, and flexibility under pressure in a mixed–matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.