This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified legal professional to join a major British trade association. This role reports to the Head of Legal & Commercial and is based in London.
Our client's primary focus is to support and serve their members active in the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings. They have evolved throughout the years to reflect the growing needs of their members and encompass all of the specialist services available within the built environment.
As a member of the team, some of key duties of the role are to:
- Undertake, research and provide practical commercial and legal advice to the Group.
- Undertake project work of a legal or commercial nature for the Group.
- Provide other departments and parts of the Group with commercial advice, guidance and assistance
- Manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities within the Group.
- Where required, assist in responding to both internal and external consultations on matters that affect both the Group and its members.
- Where required, attend and assist the Head of Legal & Commercial to make presentations at national and regional meetings including lecturing or making presentations on commercial, legal or contractual issues
- When required, prepare agendas, minutes and supporting documents for, and attending, committees formed of member representatives.
- Assist the Head of Legal & Commercial with ad hoc tasks when required.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge – Essential
- Solicitor with NQ to 2 years post–qualification
- Experience of advising on commercial, Intellectual Property (IP), Software as a service (SaaS) and wider technology (tech) contracts.
- General knowledge of the UK construction
- Familiarity with the legislative framework that affects construction contracts
- Understanding of (wider) commercial contracts
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge – Desirable
- Awareness of UK intellectual property system
- Awareness of corporate group issues
- Exposure to employment law issues
- Ability to utilise the LawVu case management system.
General Skills & Abilities – Essential
- Ability to think commercially and problem solve solutions outside of the black letter law
- Proficient in legal research skills
- Professional written and oral communications skills
- Proficient IT skills – familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with industry participants such as Group members
- Personable and able to work well within a small dynamic professional team and across a wider corporate group
- Self–motivated, able to multi–task and manage competing priorities
Personal Attributes– Essential
- Willing and flexible attitude and readiness to take on new challenges
- Commercially aware
- Enthusiastic, ready to make decisions, take the initiative, and originate action
- A desire to exceed internal & external stakeholder needs
This role offers a competitive salary and a flexible working environment.
For further information about the package on offer for this position, and in order to find out more about the role, please contact Rosie Gage of Michael Page Legal (London)