IP Litigation Paralegal
We are a large international law firm, and are seeking a Patent/Trademark Litigation Paralegal for our Intellectual Property Department in our Atlanta office. This position will be part of our team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients. At our company, we are one team where each person plays an integral role in serving the needs of our clients. The firm has a strong dedication to its employees, values, diversity and inclusion initiatives and commitment to the community.
Under the supervision of attorneys, the patent/trademark litigation paralegal will provide support for patent/trademark litigation matters. The paralegal will operate as part of a team of attorneys and support staff to provide a high level of service to both internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement case management tools necessary to manage a case (Relativity, Westlaw Case Notebook, Case Map, Time Map etc.)
- Organize, index, and oversee maintenance of all file documents.
- Initiate and maintain docketing within Firm's CompuLaw system and monitor trial calendars.
- Draft pleadings and discovery documents. Draft routine litigation documents including subpoenas, notices of deposition, templates for discovery responses, templates for other motion related responses, related.
- Assist in all aspects of deposition preparation.
- Manage document production process including performing document production reviews, preparing outlines and exhibits, creating privilege logs and electronic discovery logs.
- Assist in preparation of pre–trial order and update interim status reports to clients.
- Manage litigation support resources assigned to the matter.
- Participate in all aspects of trial preparation including coordinating logistics.
- Attend trials and hearings.
- Prepare exhibits, deposition designations, maintain trial exhibit log, and coordinate war room design and setup.
- Conduct legal (or other) research as requested, including Westlaw, and cite checking.
- Research and capture social media, for infringing content for litigation purposes.
- Four–year degree or equivalent
- Big Law firm experience
- A minimum of 5– years of relevant work experience in a professional environment including demonstrated progressive increase in responsibility managing litigation matters.
- Trial experience required
- Knowledge of U.S. patent and trademark rules and procedure is preferred.
- Proficient with electronic research tools such as Westlaw.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, Litigation Support Applications (e.g., Westlaw Case Notebook West Case Notebook, Case Map), Paper, Electronic Filing, Westlaw (and other internet research tools.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Respectful to other individuals working directly or indirectly with them.
- Reliable and dependable team player.
- Must be a good planner who is very detail–oriented and can organize and prioritize.
- Must be action and results oriented.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Work independently, taking initiative to move projects to conclusion
This is a full–time, regular position with a multi–faceted health benefit package including medical, dental, and vision. The firm also offers life insurance, short term disability plans and retirement plans in addition to holidays and paid time off. The firm offers hybrid work schedules combining in office work days as well as remote work days. The pay range for this position in Atlanta only is $35.90 to $47.40 per hour.