Patent Docket Technician
- Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
- Mar 26, 2023
- Apr 04, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
Description & Requirements
Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP seeks a Patent Docket Technician to support the Docketing Team. The Patent Docket Technician will report directly to the Docket Manager. The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility for overtime is required. This position is eligible for remote work.
- Accurately and reliably perform daily docketing and/or de–docketing functions of US and foreign IP matters firm wide, processing IP correspondence to and from clients, foreign associates, and government IP offices with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Regularly communicate with practitioners, paralegals and specialists to ascertain actions being taken
- Provide superior customer service to the IP Practice Services group by keeping practitioners, paralegals and specialists advised of matters arising with applications/registrations
- Review PTO filings and process electronic filing notices from the USPTO
- Navigate various US and Foreign sites, including but not limited to USPTO PAIR, WIPO, EPO, etc.
- Assist practitioners, paralegals and specialists with obtaining data, reports, and charts from the Computer Packages Inc. (CPi)
- Confirm that all critical deadlines have been handled appropriately, following up as needed, and proactively seek guidance for any unresponsive client teams
- Follow second eye policy and other quality checks to ensure accuracy
- Keep current with regulatory changes in IP prosecution
- Assisting with special projects as needed
- Strong initiative and a get–it–done attitude
- Ability to work independently and under pressure/tight time constraints
- Aptitude for multi–tasking
- Comfortable and efficient with managing docketing software and/or database applications
- Comfortable and efficient at calculating dates
- Working knowledge of US and International patent and trademark prosecution processes and their associated rules and procedures
- Analytical reasoning skills and ability to interpret rules and instructions accurately
- Excellent organizational and follow–up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and pay close attention to details
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to easily shift tasks to rebalance work within a fast–paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- 3+ years intellectual property experience in a law firm or legal services environment
- Prior IP docketing experience with CPi preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred
Vaccination Requirements: To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the clients we serve, we strongly encourage all personnel to be up–to–date on their COVID–19 vaccination status. Vaccination status will be requested and will be kept confidential.
Compensation: The national average salary range for this role is $50,000 – $125,000. Starting salary will be determined based on location, qualifications and experience.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer.
You can find jobs in our UK offices by clicking here