Commercial Legal Counsel for Charity
- Sellick Partnership Limited
- United Kingdom
- 60000.00 - 70000.00 GBP Annual
- May 09, 2023
- Jun 06, 2023
- Contract Type
Legal Counsel – Commercial
Up to GBP70k
Are you a public sector Commercial Lawyer looking to use your skills to help change lives?
We are recruiting to an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join a long–established UK Charity.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Lawyer with experience of handling public sector legal commercial contracts, such as from a charity, local authority or other public sector organisation. This is a newly–created position; you will be joining a small but growing in–house legal team to provide strategic legal advice and support to enable the delivery of the charity's mission across a wide range of activities and functions.
- drafting, negotiating and advising on key contracts including with public authorities, commercial suppliers, strategic partners and donors;
- advice and support on issues relating to data protection, intellectual property, fundraising law and regulation, charity law, commercial litigation, property and legacies;
- support with the charity's governance and related legal and regulatory compliance;
- the resolution of disputes and complaints;
- As part of small team, you may be required to take responsibility for other areas of legal advice.
You will be expected to attend the office in Central London at least one day per week but can work remotely the remainder of the time if you prefer, and there is other flexibility on offer, such as part–time arrangements (4 days minimum), condensed hours and flexi–time.
- Flexible working arrangements;
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service;
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave ;
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options;
- Service related sick pay from day 1;
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from the orgainsation. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution;
- And more please get in touch for the full list of benefits.
The charity is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. They actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under–represented within the organisation.
Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chloë Cameron in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Applicants are invited to discuss their salary requirements upon application.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion due to the CV not matching the skill set required. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.