Business Development Manager
Shook, Hardy & Bacon has long been recognized as one of the premier litigation firms in the country. For more than a century, the firm has defended companies in their most substantial national and international products liability, mass tort and complex litigation matters.
The firm has leveraged its complex products liability litigation expertise to expand into several other practice areas and advance its mission of "being the best in the world at providing creative and practical solutions at unsurpassed value." As a result, the firm has built nationally recognized practices in areas such as intellectual property, environmental and toxic tort, employment litigation, commercial litigation, government enforcement and compliance, and public policy.
As our Business Development Manager, you will provide practice group support in the implementation and execution of attorney and practice group business development plans. Work with the Marketing team, practice group leaders and administrative teams to execute and advance the firm's business development and marketing goals. Candidate must have experience in legal marketing.
Some more things that you will do are:
- Works with the Director of Business Development to provide support for new business, client retention and cross–selling opportunities within assigned practice groups; delivers current, thorough and actionable information/materials to attorney teams.
- Coordinates pitch materials and business development responses for assigned practice groups: assists in developing proposed outlines and strategies; delivering research and content; articulating firm value; and producing materials targeted to specific business goals.
- Collaborates with the Director of Business Development to implement strategic, customized business development plans and collateral when new attorneys and /or related practices join the firm.
- Communicates with appropriate marketing staff to ensure strategic support for business development projects/initiatives through graphics, public relations, advertising, special events and other department teams.
- Provides recommendations to practice leaders on business development opportunities that align with the firm's and practice group's business strategies.
- Responsible for getting timely client, industry and competitive intelligence into the hands of our partners.
- Directs, plans and works alongside Marketing Events Specialist to execute high–impact client events, in accord with the practice group business plans.
- Collects and catalogs the achievement of assigned practice groups; ensures that all collateral materials are up to date, including databases.
- Advises and manages firm experience alongside the Business Development Team and will ultimately work with the Director of Business Development and Director of Communications to create and manage a firm experience database.
- Orchestrates and mobilizes firm resources to deliver client service excellence, resolving issues, and capitalizing on growth opportunities.
- Tracks activity and documents the success of all relevant business development projects and initiatives.
Some Requirement Highlights:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, English, or similar area of study.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in legal marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.