Senior Solicitor - Commercial Contracts
3 days left
- Sellick Partnership Limited
- United Kingdom
- 60000.00 - 70000.00 GBP Annual
- May 15, 2023
- Jun 12, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
Senior Solicitor – Commercial Contracts
Location: South West
Salary: GBP54,421 – GBP66,890 per annum
Sellick Partnership have partnered with a leading higher education establishment to recruit to the position of Senior Solicitor within commercial contracts. This is a superb opportunity for an experienced legally qualified professional to step into a career enhancing role whilst helping to transform lives through higher education.
The University and its subsidiary companies have a wide range of legal support requirements.This is a senior solicitor post in Legal Services responsible for providing high quality legal support at a senior level.
The role will act as lead legal expert in the University on education and related contracts, providing expert and pragmatic legal advice and guidance to senior management across the University. In particular, the role will act as the legal expert on academic partnerships and education related contracts.
- To lead the provision of academic partnerships and education related contract review and drafting.
- To lead on the legal aspects of contracting with external funders of education, including for example, government departments in the UK and internationally.
- To provide high quality legal advice and support to University subsidiary companies and other related companies, particularly in relation to matters with an education focus.
- To provide high quality legal advice in relation to student matters, including complaints and appeals as required.
- To work closely with the Head of Research and Knowledge Exchange Contracting to ensure that the University's approach to licensing and intellectual property enables it to meet its charitable objects including advising on policy.
- To ensure that contracting policies, review and negotiation protect the interests of the University as a charity and ensure value.
- To provide mentoring, training, advice and guidance to other staff within and outside of Legal Services
- To undertake such other legal work as required from time to time as required.
- Fully qualified solicitor or barrister qualified to practice in England with sufficient PQE
- Knowledge and experience of providing legal advice on contracts and related risk
- Experience of drafting and amending complex legal documentation including contracts
This is a hybrid working role, whereby you will be required to attend the office twice per week. There may be some flexibility on this for a candidate who demonstrates the right experience.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion due to the CV not matching the skill set required. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.