Sr. Patent Engineer /Patent Agent
3 days left
- Terumo Medical Corporation
- May 16, 2023
- Jun 13, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
This position is responsible for providing Intellectual Property (IP) support for one or more Divisions of the Company. This includes working closely with associates in engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, legal, and other functional areas to identify and protect the Company's innovations (e.g., via patents, trademarks, or trade secrets). It also includes identifying and mitigating risks associated with introducing new products, providing competitive intelligence via IP searches and monitoring, working with outside IP counsel (e.g., searches and patent prep and prosecution), and more generally supporting Company associates for IP–related issues.
In all actions, demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Assist in the development and maintenance of the Company's intellectual property (IP), including patent portfolio, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights.
Manage and track Company's patent and trademark portfolios (including associated annuities and maintenance fees) of the associated Divisions.
with preparing and delivering IP training to business associates.
- and mitigate IP legal risks relating to the launch of new products through freedom to operate (FTO) searches and analyses. Coordinate with Company Legal to communicate results to key stakeholders.
- to the development of IP policies and best practices.
- and coordinate research into a variety of IP issues.
- analyses of competitors and create patent landscapes.
- and manage work of outside IP legal counsel for patent and trademark prep and prosecution and for IP searches.
Manage assigned patent and trademark portfolios.
Assist in the management and tracking of patent and trademark maintenance fees for assigned portfolios.
Perform other duties as assigned.