Director, Legal, North America
4 days left
- May 16, 2023
- Jun 13, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
Director, Legal, North America – ( AUS00082B )
Ausenco is a global company redefining what's possible. Our team is based across 26 offices in 14 countries, with projects in over 80 locations worldwide. Combining our deep technical expertise with a more than 30–year track record, we deliver innovative, value–add consulting studies, project delivery, asset operations and maintenance solutions to the natural resources and bulk materials sectors.
We are looking for a Director, Legal – North America who will lead the legal function in the region by managing our North American legal team and partnering with the business by providing strategic support and technical advice on legal, risk and contractual matters. We are looking for someone with passion and drive, who is collaborative and can ensure that our high standard of quality is maintained. While supporting diverse business lines across North America, your skilled guidance in influencing and mitigating risk is crucial to the delivery of sustainable and successful outcomes for Ausenco and our clients. This role reports directly to the General Counsel & Company Secretary and can be based in either of our Vancouver or Toronto offices while being eligible for flexible working (hybrid) arrangements.
About the role
- Lead, inspire and develop legal team members and ensure effective allocation of work across the team.
- Prepare, review, revise and negotiate contracts with clients, vendors, and other third parties, including engineering/consulting services terms and conditions, non–disclosure agreements, joint venture agreements, EPCM, EPC and other complex commercial agreements.
- Manage project disputes, client claims, and prime contract matters where required.
- Research and respond to general legal inquiries from the business that may relate to litigation, regulatory issues, intellectual property, privacy matters, fraud issues, and client complaints.
- Examine legal information to find out the advisability of commencing or defending civil claims, and liaising with external legal counsel in conducting such litigation.
- Provide advice on employment issues, administrative policy, and regulatory compliance issues, as required.
- Interpret other legal information and documents, and regulations for leaders in the business.
- Solid understanding and background in legal concepts applicable to the engineering services and consulting businesses, EPCM and EPC projects.
- Legal degree and current membership in a Canadian provincial law society.
- 10 – 12 years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience in both private law firm and in–house environments an asset.
- Strong abilities in contract negotiation and drafting, with emphasis on risk management.
- Strong degree of pragmatism and a practical, business–oriented application of legal principles.
- Excellent inter–personal skills and the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders.
- Prior experience in leadership roles and managing direct reports.
- Familiarity with the regulations and guidelines set forth by the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) for the preparation and disclosure of mineral resource and reserve estimates, including understanding the specific requirements outlined in NI 43–101, is important
Ausenco is a global leader in consulting engineering, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors. As a member of our team you'll be encouraged to embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. For that, you'll receive a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to pursue your career path.
If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application directly to this posting. We thank you for your submission and will contact you if we need further information, or if we wish to progress to interview.
Job Posting : May 10, 2023Find a better way.
To find out more about working at Ausenco and how you can challenge your boundaries visit our