Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and docket intellectual property (IP) filings, deadlines, review attorney invoices, and confer with the general legal colleagues at BioLegend and Revvity intellectual property group.
- Conduct prior art database searches for patentability and freedom to operate analyses; analyze patents, scientific papers and documents.
- Coordinate invention disclosure documents, internal discussions, and provide guidance on a variety of patent and IP–related issues.
- Serve as a liaison between inventors and outside counsel.
- Provide on–going guidance to the business teams regarding various intellectual property matters.
- Initiate review of existing IP to identify areas of vulnerability and develop strategy to reduce risk to organization.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re–invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in biochemistry or immunology.
- At least 2 years of substantive industry experience, preferably with next generation sequency and/or antibody development.
- Registered to practice before the USPTO and a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience at a law firm drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Excellent problem–solving skills as well as strong proficiency in conflict resolution.
- Strong internal and external communications and interpersonal skills.
The base salary range for this full–time position is $170,000 to $190,000 annually. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for a new hire in this position. The base pay actually offered to the successful candidate will take into account internal equity, work location, and additional factors, including job–related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that base pay is only one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This range allows for the successful candidate to have an opportunity to progress within the position and develop at our company. This base pay range does not take into account bonuses, equity, or other benefits which may be applicable and are dependent on the level and position offered.
Work Environment & Physical Demands – Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory and warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.