The Corporate Counsel role will be responsible for providing legal oversight and counsel to various function within Surrozen.
- Manage the overall corporate contracting process, including negotiating significant contracts common to the biotechnology industry, such as master services agreements, contract manufacturing agreements, clinical trial agreements and materials transfer agreements
- Draft and negotiate collaboration agreements and intellectual property licenses in partnership with business development
- Establish processes and systems for implementation and management of corporate contracts
- Serve as a business partner to various internal functions by providing legal advice and counsel. Enforces policies and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective contract approval process
- File, prosecute and oversee patent applications
- Partner with various functions on patent search, freedom to operate search when needed, initiation of invention disclosure, recognition of patentability and determination of patent inventorship
- Partners with external legal agencies as necessary
- Candidate must have a J.D. and be a member of California State Bar
- Experience working with internal or external public biotechnology company clients focused on biologics
- Requires a minimum of five years' experience in contract drafting, including intellectual property licensing experience and clinical trial agreements
- Skillful with strategic legal approaches, and a broad–based understanding of intellectual property rights, contract law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and licensing
- Experience working and partnering with outside counsel on intellectual property
- Must possess transactional and strategic experience on M&A transactions, joint ventures and partnerships
Who We Are
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self–renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Our vision is to engage the body's own biological tissue repair mechanisms with our targeted regenerative antibodies, overcoming research and development hurdles that have been previously intractable, and have held back drug development efforts in the promising area of Wnt biology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits.