Interim Head of Legal
- Taylor Root Dusseldorf
- May 22, 2023
- May 29, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
You will be joining a business with an incredible mission and be part of true positive change whilst adding value in a range of legal and strategic areas.
This is not a "quick fix" for the company, it is a long–term goal where the business envisages this individual to successfully embed legal into the business, build solid legal and commercial foundations and implement new processes and strategies that will protect the business and propel the business into continued future success. This is a high priority role for them and you will be a very key part of the organizations success.
As legal adviser to the Board, the principal adviser to the Chief Executive on all legal matters, which will include:
- Being the lead in all legal, commercial and coporate matters and maintaining good governance, ensuring that the Board of Trustees, Trustee Sub–committees and key executive meetings meet the highest standards in managing and monitoring the work of the Group and its resources.
- Providing ad–hoc legal advice to the Chairman, Board of Trustees, Chief Executive, and Executive Committee either directly on general matters or, in the main, on specialist issues with the support of external legal providers.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to the Board
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial contracts and other agreements (technology, consulting, procurement, advertising/marketing, data protection and employment, etc)
- Manage the organization's trademark/ IP portfolio and advise the Communications staff on issues related to intellectual property, including licensing of images and other content
- Create policies, procedures and systems around a variety of legal compliance issues
- Oversee the contract management function, ensuring that contract processes are up–to–date and effective
- Review grant agreements and reports, and facilitate the organization's giving by advising staff on how to address legal aspects of grantmaking
- Represents or oversees the representation of the Group and upper management in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other agencies
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation or more specialist legal matters
- Stay up–to–date with and advise staff on laws applicable to the group and industry
- Company secretarial matters
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.