Lawyer - Private Practice
- United Kingdom
- 50000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Annual
- May 11, 2023
- Jun 07, 2023
- Trademark Agent
- Contract Type
Our national Commercial team works with a wide range of clients both private and public.
We provide a comprehensive range of commercial services encompassing:
- Commercial contracts
- Data protection
- Intellectual property
- Competition, energy work and public projects
We advise on a variety of contracts from day–to–day business relationships up to major projects.
Our clients are in various sectors such as technology, media, retail, pharmaceutical, insurance transport and logistics, manufacturing alongside work within the public sector for universities, NHS bodies, police forces and local authorities.
The team is national with coverage across our Liverpool, London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow offices.
Weightmans operates a hybrid working policy with at least two days a week working in the office.
We are currently recruiting for Commercial contracts lawyer 3 YRS + PQE (Associate level). Candidates must have experience of commercial contracts, technology, data protection, intellectual property.
We will consider applications for Liverpool or Leeds.
As an Associate your new role will cover the following key aspects:
Working on your own matters and assisting partners (and other fee–earners) with their matters.
- Commercial contracts work will be broad, with coverage including Master Services Agreements,
- Framework Agreements, Supply of Goods and Services, Agency & Distribution Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements and Consultancy Agreements.
- Technology contracts work will be varied, including Software as Service Agreements (SaaS), Software Licences, Software Development Agreements, Mobile App Development Agreements, Reseller Agreements, Managed Service Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Support & Maintenance Agreements and Video Games Agreements.
- Data protection work will relate to data mapping exercises, data protection compliance documentation, privacy notices, cookies notices, data processing agreements, data sharing agreements, international data transfer advice and electronic marketing advice.
- Intellectual property work will focus on commercialisation. Typically, IP licences and assignments with involvement in intra–group IP re–organisations.
- Corporate support work will involve undertaking legal due diligence on corporate transactions, advising on warranties and drafting transitional services agreements.
- Competition law support will involve assisting lead partner on competition law projects and areas of specific advice.
- Opportunity to get involved with our energy team on a variety of large and innovative projects.
- Manage matters in accordance with client service level agreements;
- Work in accordance with Weightmans' values and procedures;
- Contribute to achieving Commercial National team set financial and chargeable time targets;
- Comply with Weightmans process around data protection compliance and procedures;
- Complete client management information procedures/databases as and when required.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the role.About You
The person specification
We would be looking for someone with the following skills:
- 3+ PQE is essential
- strong experience across commercial contracts, technology, data protection, intellectual property and corporate support;
- high level of commercial awareness with strong attention to detail and good drafting skills
- excellent communication and listening skills
- conscientious, self–motivated, hard–working, and responsive
- critical thinking abilities and excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills
- ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team within the commercial team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
- aptitude to work to strict deadlines and client protocols while maintaining high standards
- appreciation and a focus on the need for work to be delivered in a profitable way
- willingness to learn new areas (even if currently not skilled in a particular area) including competition law, energy contracts and public projects work