Our Commercial, Competition & Trade practice is seeking a seasoned Illinois business–oriented lawyer to join our Chicago office.
Qualified candidates should have 8–10 years of experience handling:
- product sales and distribution agreements and related service contracts
- distributor, dealer, sales representative, and franchise protection laws
- sales and secured transactions, including UCC Articles 2 and 9
- import and export law compliance
- licensing agreements
- antitrust and unfair trade practices
- food, beverage, and FDA compliance
- intellectual property and data privacy/protection matters, including negotiating technology agreements, developing terms of service, product development, GDPR and CCPA compliance, and IP portfolio strategy
Other skills necessary for success in this position include:
- Experience managing and leading projects through to completion
- Proven ability to mentor and train associates
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Innovative and results–oriented approach to client matters, including the ability to develop creative, proactive, and practical solutions
- Ability to distill complex legal concepts and issues to make them understandable to foreign clients and non–legal personnel
- Ability to work effectively with globally distributed clients and partners in a fast–paced environment
- Client management and business development acumen
- Commercial litigation experience is beneficial but not required
- 1750 annual billable hours requirement
- Flexible hybrid schedule
- Complimentary membership to onsite fitness center
- 8 paid holidays
- Remote work stipend for technology, home office and incidentals
- Generous 401(k) profit sharing plan and personal financial advisor
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and commuter benefits
- Premium medicalinsurance plans through BCBSIL
- Complimentary Basic Life, AD&D and Long–Term Disability insurance
- Complimentary Identity Protection
- Optional Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Short–term Disability, and Pet Insurance
Since its founding in 1929, Masuda Funai has focused its practice on successfully representing international and domestic companies entering, operating and expanding in the United States. With offices in Chicago, Schaumburg and Los Angeles, the firm assists clients in every aspect of business, including establishing, acquiring, financing and selling operations and facilities; transferring overseas employees to the U.S.; providing employment and benefits counseling; structuring the distribution and sale of products throughout the U.S.; and delivering commercial and patent litigation services.
The firm's clients, many of which have been represented by the firm for decades, span many industries and technologies.In everything we do, we focus on providing timely and highly customized services that fit our clients' needs.
To learn more, visit .
Masuda Funai is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse workplace.