Associate or Partner- IP/IT, Digital Health
With over 130 lawyers working across our five offices nationwide, Hempsons is a leading law firm for the health and social care sectors, charities and social enterprises. This is a time of change and opportunity for our clients, as highlighted by the sharpening focus on innovation, technology, integration and new ways of working.
Our aim is to provide outstanding legal services that deliver the best possible client outcomes whilst nurturing a culture that makes us a "great place to work".Role
The corporate–commercial team is looking for an associate or partner–level solicitor to join the Digital Health group at Hempsons. This group is within the corporate commercial team, but with a focus on advising on digital health delivery, data uses in the health sector and IT projects. We advise a diverse range of clients from new entrants to the health and care sector to established NHS providers on their digital health issues. In particular we are looking for experienced candidates able to provide advice on a broad range of commercial and contracting issues, but in particular focus on intellectual property and technology offerings within our broadly–based corporate–commercial team.
The successful candidate will have a genuine interest in our sectors. In return we offer you the opportunity to work alongside an experienced team who are involved in interesting and high profile work and are renowned experts their fields.
The corporate–commercial team of around 20 lawyers nationally covers a wide range of specialisms including public procurement, partnerships, collaborations and joint ventures, corporate (start–ups, sales, acquisitions) data protection and information governance, commercial dispute resolution capital projects and, working with other teams, the public and regulatory law associated with working in our sectors.
Our lawyers appreciate the quality and variety of the projects we work on, and the level of interest and challenge they bring. We work collaboratively and avoid strive to avoid silos.
Recent and current relevant projects have involved:
- Enabling new technology providers to establish products in the health market – such as health apps and testing products
- Supporting technology and innovation through procurements, contracts and collaborative projects
- Handling complex public–sector procurements for national screening services, data analytics, imaging, electronic patient records, hospital management systems and other services.
You will have:
- Expertise in intellectual property, data protection and information governance
- An aptitude for engaging with our various public and voluntary sector clients as well as with health and life sciences SMEs
- A strong teamwork ethos, we all work with colleagues across our four offices
- Excellent organisational skills and an appreciation of the need to comply with internal and client data security guidelines
- Experience of high–value IT contracts in a health context would be helpful but is not essential
- Experience of MHRA regulatory requirements for medical devices and IVD would be helpful but is not essential
Hempsons is an equal opportunities employer
Hempsons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.