Assistant Vice President & Assistant General Counsel
Assistant Vice President & Assistant General Counsel page is loaded Assistant Vice President & Assistant General Counsel Apply locations Minneapolis, MN time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R– Company Federal Reserve Bank of MinneapolisAre you interested in serving the public and pursing an economy that works for everyone? Are you interested in joining and providing leadership to an in–house counsel team that supports a public–service oriented corporation? The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis–one of the twelve regional Reserve Banks that serve as the nation's central bank–is looking for an Assistant Vice President and Assistant General Counsel in its Legal Division.
This leadership position provides day–to–day management of the Bank's Legal Division, including staff attorneys and an administrative analyst. In this role you will report to the Deputy General Counsel and work closely with the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel on general leadership of the Legal Division, including project management and strategic planning. You will also advise and work with Bank management, including senior management, and have regular interaction with attorneys and leaders from other Federal Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
The Assistant General Counsel will practice law in a team environment and in a generalist role that includes a variety of practice areas. These include general in–house matters such as procurement/contracts, intellectual property, employment law and other corporate matters, but will also include functions more specific to the Federal Reserve such as banking regulation, discount window lending, payments, law enforcement, and support for our economic research, Treasury services, and other functions, among other responsibilities.
- Juris Doctorate degree required and must be admitted to practice law in the state of Minnesota. Prior legal experience is required.
- Ten years of progressively more responsible experience to include at least four years supervising/managing people.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities along with sound legal and business judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An essential function of this position is working onsite. While this position qualifies for a hybrid working arrangement, employees are required to be onsite at least 4 days per week.
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be a "Protected Individual." A "Protected Individual" includes but is not limited to: (1) a citizen or national of the U.S.; or (2) an alien who is lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence and who applies for citizenship within six months of being eligible to apply for citizenship and, if offered a position with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, will sign a Declaration of Intent to Become a United States Citizen.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) match, and a fully–funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Free public transportation passes
- Annual educational assistance
- On–site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists , we work together to represent you in our economy.Full Time / Part Time Full time Regular / Temporary Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No) Yes Job Category Executive Work Shift First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
Privacy NoticeAbout Us
OUR BANK has one of the most recognizable brands around the world. The Federal Reserve is the central bank of the United States–one of the world's most influential, trusted and prestigious financial organizations. The Federal Reserve is charged with the important mission of promoting a strong economy and a stable financial system and fulfills this responsibility by formulating national monetary policy, supervising and regulating banks and bank holding companies, and providing financial services for banks and the U.S. government.
OUR PEOPLE are diverse in background and ideas, which allows for ongoing creativity and innovation. Ultimately, they are the ones who push our high–performance, exchange–driven culture forward.
Why Our People Choose Us:
Our reputation precedes us
There will always be room for personal growth
Our people are first
You'll find the right balance
Your responsibilities will be meaningful
We hope that you will be our future colleague.