Senior Patent Agent
What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients' quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We're a tight–knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.The Perfect Fit
We are looking for an experienced patent agent with a strong technical backdground and understanding of US and foreign patent systems to help build and manage our global patent portfolio. The role will primarily focus on patent preparation and prosecution, including identifying and evaluating new discoveries, performing patent searching and landscape assessments and managing patent prosecution from initial application filing through global patent issuance. The role will also include related functions such due diligence assessments, freedom–to–operate, infringement and validity analyses. A successful candidate is able to work independently and proactively with minimal direction, has strong oral and written communication skills, and is able to prioritize and balance competing projects and responsibilities.The Opportunity
This role will report to the Head of Intellectual Property.Responsibilities
- Develop strategic global patent portfolio from invention capture to patent issuance
- Build effective relationships with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Provide education, guidance and advice on patent law and strategy to scientists and other business stakeholders
- Participate in cross–functional teams, meetings and projects to ensure patent strategy aligns with research and corporate objectives
- Work closely with Research and Development to identify strategic areas for patenting, harvest patentable inventions, and evaluate patentability of invention submissions
- Oversee and manage outside counsel in preparing and prosecuting patent portfolio
- Perform freedom–to–operate, patent landscape, infringement and validity assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Provide IP support in due diligence and other licensing transactions
- Review proposed publications and presentations for IP impact
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- 10–15+ years of experience as a Patent Agent, preferably with experience working at a biopharmaceutical or biotechnology corporation
- Experience developing and managing a global biopharmaceutical IP portfolio at all stages of prosecution
- Experience performing and managing patentability, patent landscape and freedom to operate analyses
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Advanced degree in an area relevant to biopharmaceutical IP practice (i.e., chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunology, etc.)
- Admission to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Experience with IP transactions and due diligence is a plus
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you'll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long–term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.