Trademark Analyst Hybrid
Zoetis has an immediate opening for a Trademark Analyst in its Global Trademarks group to assist in in the management of our global trademark portfolio and provide operational support to the Chief Counsel, Global Trademarks.
• Work collaboratively with all members of our team to provide brand protection to our growing company
• Perform trademark searching and online investigation of trademark watch notices and potential enforcement matters
• Gather evidence needed to support registration of trademarks and trademark conflicts
• Prepare documents for signature and legalization and track legalization process for team; arrange for Chief Counsel’s signing authority for trademark holding-entities
• Assist with management of trademark renewals; resolve renewal discrepancies
• Monitor trademark inquiry mailbox and manage responses to same
• Provide trademark status information and documentation to marketing and regulatory colleagues
• registration certificates, name changes, etc., as required by agents and Zoetis regulatory.
• Assist team members with implementation, tracking, and follow up on trademark filing projects, chain of title updates, and enforcement matters
• Work closely with Chief Counsel on team knowledge management and internal and external communications efforts: facilitate team meetings; revise and develop procedures, training materials, and presentations; manage team SharePoint site
• Assist Chief Counsel with data analysis, portfolio review, and budget planning and tracking
• Assist Chief Counsel with management, selection, and tracking of agents and service providers
• Prepare expense reports for senior team members
• Trademark portfolio responsibilities will be assigned commensurate with experience & development goals
• Additional projects and other trademark/copyright/domain related tasks as assigned
• Familiarity with trademark practice
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer literacy including the ability to work with database(s) or a willingness to learn
• Strong analytical and reasoning ability
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines
• Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to follow instructions and follow through to completion with attention to detail
• 3-5 years’ experience as paralegal and/or in-house law firm
• Paralegal certificate and law firm experience preferred
Notary public or willing to become one.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate and 3+ years’ experience required
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.