Corporate Legal Counsel
Airgain simplifies wireless connectivity across a diverse set of devices and markets, from solving complex connectivity issues to speeding time to market to enhancing wireless signals. Our products are offered in three distinct sub–brands: Airgain Embedded, Airgain Integrated and Airgain Antenna+. Our mission is to connect the world through optimized integrated wireless solutions. Airgain's expertise in custom cellular and antenna system design pairs with our focus on high–growth technologies and our dedication to simplify the growing complexity of wireless. With a broad portfolio of products across the value chain, from embedded components to fully integrated products, we are equipped to solve critical connectivity needs in both the design process and the operating environment across the enterprise, automotive, and consumer markets.? Airgain is headquartered in San Diego, California, and maintains design and test centers in the U.S., U.K., and China.
About The Team:
At Airgain, We Simplify Wireless is not only our tagline, but our creed and passion. A fast–moving technology company, Airgain sets the very pulse of the wireless connectivity industry, giving our unwavering focus on bringing innovative solutions to market, providing new pathways, insights and products that solve complex RF engineering problems. As we are always rethinking, rekindling and remolding to usher in the new, it may be helpful to think of us as a 20–year–old, publicly traded start up. Our team is comprised of the industry's most talented, driven, experienced and entrepreneurial innovators and leaders in wireless connectivity. And if that is something that resonates, well then we would love an opportunity to speak with you.
This position will ensure the company always operates within the law, offers counsel to executives and management on legal issues, operates as an effective guardian of the organization, and facilitates business strategies development and execution. The successful counsel will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure throughout the business and will be able to support or conduct negotiations of significant and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. The corporate counsel should have a knack for leadership, be proactive, think long–term, and have sound business knowledge.?
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management?
- Manage and guide internal governance policies and the impact of external factors?
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action?
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically?
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base decision–making process on ethics and integrity?
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders?
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)?
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate, and drive performance from team members?
- Draft contract agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights?
- Meet legal objectives in timely fashion?
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas?
- Manage intellectual property portfolio and any licensing issues?
- Keep abreast of legislative changes?
- Initiate, review, and implement ERP system improvements to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as requested by management.?
- 8+ years combined law firm and in–house experience with proven corporate counseling experience in multiple business environments
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, finance, litigation, labor law, technology, etc.)
- Public company experience is preferred.
- In–depth understanding of legal issues' affect on organizations
- Experience developing legal strategies and objectives
- Well–versed in how business operates with satisfactory financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience anticipating legal issues or risks and to see around the corner
- J.D. degree and admission to California bar
- Understanding and experience developing and managing IP and licensing technology
Benefits available to Regular Full Time Employees:
- 401K Match
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Flexible hours
- Office Snacks
The US base salary range for this full–time position is $110,000 to $130,000+ target annual bonus.
Our salary ranges are determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to the role, location, job–related skills, relevant education, experience and training.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target range for new hire base salary for the position across all US locations and varies by the location of the position. Our Talent team member can share more about our salary ranges and other benefits of working at Airgain, which are not included in the posted base salary range.