Legal Secretary -
Please send your resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following Legal Secretary position located in Palo Alto, CA. This is a full–time, direct–hire position with a salary range of $80K – $95K with awesome benefits. If you are not interested in this position, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired.
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Work Environment: Hybrid (3 days in office/2 days remote)
Degree Required: Highly Preferred
Salary: $80K – $95K
3rd Party C2C/Transfer: No
Referral Fee: $500 – Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
Our AMLAW 100 client has an opening for a Legal Secretary in the Silicon Valley office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of legal support experience in federal and state Litigation, preferably with some exposure to Intellectual Property and/or Corporate & Finance areas. The secretary will administratively support the intellectual property litigation and corporate & finance attorneys in the office as well as work with the other support team members in the Attorney Resource Center (ARC).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents, including preparing tables of contents and tables of authorities.
- Filing/submitting documents to state, federal and appellate courts, using electronic filing or working with a messenger for manual filings.
- Preparing client correspondence and bills.
- Inputting attorney time entries: revising exported entries to update/change previously entered information.
- At attorney's request, handle revisions to prebill narratives and coordinate with billing specialist to revise billable hours, move time entries to another client/matter.
- Opening client matters accurately and efficiently.
- Handling busy phones and taking detailed and accurate messages consistently.
- Organizing internal meetings.
- Preparing schedules for attorneys.
- Preparing detailed itineraries for attorneys, including important numbers, locations, and contact names.
- Coordinating with our in–house Travel Department to book reservations to include air travel, ground transportation and lodging for attorneys.
- Preparing expense reimbursement reports, submitting vouchers for travel and expense reimbursement via Chrome River.
- Maintaining the contact database (InterAction) for attorneys.
- Assisting with special projects as directed by the attorneys.
- Minimum of seven years of legal support experience in litigation.
- Two–year degree or equivalent experience considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in oral and written form, with individuals at all levels within the Firm and outside the Firm.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to multi–task and prioritize in a fast–paced environment using good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work additional hours, as necessary.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality and diversity.