Senior Legal Counsel 12 Month FTC
GBP73,700up to GBP93,500 per annum – This isn't an ordinary job. This an extraordinary experience.
Our Legal and Compliance Department is seeking a confident, driven and proactive individual to join the Legal team on a 12–month FTC. This engaging role offers responsibility and variety within a department that ensures the company's legal requirements are met efficiently and effectively. The successful candidate will be providing legal guidance in all legal matters (except tax and employment law) to ensure the achievement of business objectives are met whilst minimising the legal risks. In this role you are responsible for drafting and reviewing contracts as well as supporting contract negotiations. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive and experienced individual who thrives in a fast–paced environment and can deliver workable legal solutions to our large multi–faceted business.
We have moved to a hybrid working model with a recommended 2 days in the office per weekfor appropriate Head Office and Regional roles, empowering our teams to choose how and where they work best. We feel it is important that, where possible, we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible and trust our teams to determine the right environments that work most effectively for them.
"To Keep in line with company structure this role will be called Legal Senior Consultant internally"
What you'll do
- Developing contract templates ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements as well as internal guidelines
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes and case law and apply appropriately timely advice to departments to ensure relevant and understood
- Education of and provision of advice to key business stakeholders on legal risk, regulation and mitigation
- Developing processes and procedures to support the team and the stakeholders
- Supporting the Head of Legal with strategic matters and new colleagues
- Liaising with and providing advice, guidance and training to the business on relevant legal issues such as intellectual property and advertising
- Taking a commercial approach to raising the profile of data protection within the business working with teams on best practice and governance
- Identifying the need for external legal advice
- Liaising with external advisers, corresponding with courts and government agencies
- Supporting the team in liaising on a regular basis with our international colleagues in Germany
- Supporting the team on Company Law matters
What you'll need
- A qualified lawyer is essential
- A strong interest in commercial law and willingness to get involved in other legal topics as the business requires
- German language is beneficial
- Experience in Retail/ FMCG/ Consumer goods industry is ideal but not essential
- Ability to combine a good eye for legal detail with big picture commercial considerations
- An excellent communicator and multi–tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- Motivated and proactive, with an eagerness to learn and develop
- Due to the sensitivity of material held by the team, discretion and adherence to security processes are absolute requirements for the role
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary from GBP73,700 up to GBP93,500 (depending on experience) with 35 days' holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
includes 10% non–contractual London Weighting allowance
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.