Senior Trademark Paralegal- HYBRID
Am Law 100 firm has an open position for a Senior Paralegal with at least fifteen (15) years of trademark prosecution experience. This position would primarily support the trademark and copyright practice. This detail–oriented individual would be responsible for assisting attorneys with the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios.
Am Law 100 firm is internationally recognized in core industries where business and the law intersect. With more than 600 lawyers and policy professionals, the firm serves as a destination for an international roster of corporations, governments, private individuals, and trade associations.
- Prepare and file foreign and domestic trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Sections 8 & 15 declarations, and other filings;
- Draft communications with clients and foreign associates;
- Preliminary trademark availability searching
- Review office actions and summarize issues for attorneys;
- Perform internal trademark searches and/or initial review of outside vendor search reports and preparing charts and draft findings;
- Draft filing instructions for trademark applications;
- Reporting deadlines to docketing and docket clearance;
- Client communications, including reporting actions, deadlines and providing accurate charts of client's prosecution matters;
- Preparing agendas for monthly client calls;
- Make preliminary evaluations regarding potential specimens showing use for submission.
- Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and filing of documents, maintaining pleadings files and docket, searching for third party marks or evidence of use and related tasks
- Copyright experience or willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program required.
- Fifteen (15) years of trademark prosecution experience
Generous compensation package, 4 weeks of PTO and benefits to begin on first day of employment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.