Senior Paralegal - Clearances
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting–edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Paralegal to support legal clearances for Disney's Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing business (CPGP), including licensed and vertical merchandise, publishing, games, and related marketing and promotional initiatives. In addition to working with attorneys and other professionals within Disney Legal, this position will liaise with all lines of business within CPGP, including Global Brand Commercialization, Publishing, Games and Interactive Experiences, Business Affairs, Creative, Product Design, and Retail, and content partners such as Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Disney Channel, and Disney+.
We are looking for a candidate who reflects the innovative spirit and creative talent that defines the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment–the segment that brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company's powerful brands and franchises–including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios and National Geographic–into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
This role will be based in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Research, analyze, and summarize production agreements, talent agreements, license agreements, chain of title, and other rights–related agreements.
- Present analysis and written work product to lawyers and clients, including executives.
- Create and maintain CPGP rights management systems, processes, and databases including contract lifecycle management for third–party rights agreements.
- Consumer products partner in Studio script clearance meetings and screenings for new film, television, and streaming properties.
- Clear Style Guides, publishing layouts, concept art, final frames, unit photography, asset pools, archival material, and other visual assets.
- Subject matter expert for attorneys and paralegals within Disney Legal and clients within the CPGP business unit.
Basic Qualifications :
- A minimum of 3 years' experience handling rights clearances for film, television, merchandising, and/or publishing.
- Understanding of clearance–related legal and contractual issues, such as intellectual property rights including copyright, trademark, and right of publicity, production–related agreements including for film and/or television, third–party rights acquisition and licensing, and applicable guild obligations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Organized, detail–oriented, and able to multi–task.
- Able to work independently, but also a team player who can collaborate well with business clients and colleagues within Disney Legal.
- Strong computer skills, including with office productivity software such as Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with IP management software and systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.