Trademark Enforcement Paralegal
The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of a trademark enforcement program, including working with attorneys to develop best practices and procedures for enforcement, overseeing enforcement activities, and developing, training, and mentoring an enforcement team.
About Lewis Roca:
Our award-winning team of lawyers offers extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
A set of core principles guide our work with our clients and with each other. Together, we call this Experience Amplified. It is a client-centered operational approach that helps define a culture of service excellence. It contributes to our highly collaborative group of business professionals, led by a dedicated and passionate C-Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of enforcement program, including monitoring the web for infringements, saving relevant evidence, preparing and submitting takedown notices or sending cease and desist letters, monitoring responses, confirming compliance, and reporting to the client
- Developing best practices and procedures for enforcement, including for trademark and some copyrights and design patents
- Analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of enforcement efforts and making recommendations for improvement
- Monitoring and reporting on developments in enforcement trends and practices
- Working with e-commerce platforms, including Amazon and Alibaba, in connection with enforcement efforts
- Selecting, implementing, and managing software enforcement tools
- Handling of UDRP and URS domain name disputes
- Meeting client-specific enforcement needs
- Compiling and generating reports and metrics on enforcement activities
- Accurately recording billable time
- Some duties require an in-office presence
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience as a trademark enforcement paralegal in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Bachelor's degree or ABA paralegal certificate preferred
- General knowledge of trademark and copyright infringement principles
- Excellent writing, communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to respond timely and effectively in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task independently under deadlines with a flexible work schedule
- Proficiency with the complete Microsoft Office Suite
This position is subject to export control laws.
Lewis Roca offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10-paid holidays per year
- Benefits start on day 1
- Several medical plan options to choose from, including traditional plans and HSA-qualified plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Well-being program
- Technology stipend
- Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- And much more!
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Lewis Roca. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply for this Position." No phone calls, please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position. #LI-LH1 #LI-HYBRID
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position unless a signed agreement is in place.
Lewis Roca is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.