Intellectual Property Staff Attorney
Intellectual Property Staff Attorney
Lewis Roca is a top ranked Am Law 200 commercial law firm and one of the largest in the Western United States. We are seeking an experienced Staff Attorney to join our team!
Summary: The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of a trademark enforcement program, including working with partners to develop best practices and procedures for enforcement, overseeing enforcement activities, and developing, training, and mentoring an enforcement team. Successful candidates could find a home in our Arizona, California, Colorado or Nevada offices.
About Lewis Roca: Our award-winning team of lawyers offer extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
A set of core principles guide our work with our clients and with each other. Together, we call this Experience Amplified. It is a client-centered operational approach that helps define a culture of service excellence. It contributes to our highly collaborative group of business professionals, led by a dedicated and passionate C-Team.
Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of enforcement program, including monitoring the web for infringements, saving relevant evidence, preparing and submitting takedown notices or sending cease and desist letters, monitoring responses, confirming compliance, and reporting to the client Developing best practices and procedures for enforcement, including for trademark and some copyrights and design patents Analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of enforcement efforts and making recommendations for improvement Monitoring and reporting on developments in enforcement trends and practices Working with ecommerce platforms, including Amazon and Alibaba, in connection with enforcement efforts Selecting, implementing and managing software enforcement tools Handling of UDRP and URS domain name disputes Meeting client-specific enforcement needs Compiling and generating reports and metrics on enforcement activities Accurately recording billable time Some duties require an in-office presence Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience as a trademark enforcement lawyer in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, must be admitted to practice law in one of our states (AZ, CA, CO, NV) or become admitted within 6 months of hire; must not have a disciplinary record with the bar for any state or clearly explain the circumstances in the cover letter
- General knowledge of trademark and copyright infringement principles Excellent writing, communication skills & attention to detail Ability to respond timely and effectively in a team atmosphere Ability to multi-task independently under deadlines with a flexible work schedule
Proficiency with the complete Microsoft Office Suite
Pay rate: $125,000 - $175,000 per year
Compensation can vary based on qualifications and experience
Lewis Roca offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10-paid holidays per year
- Benefits start on day 1
- Several medical plan options to choose from, including traditional plans and HSA-qualified plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Well-being program
- Technology stipend
- Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- And much more!
This position is subject to export control laws.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates please click “Apply for this Position” to send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Veronica Samaniego, Lawyer Recruiting Director.
No phone calls please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position.
We are willing to consider resumes from professional recruiters once an agreement has been approved.