Commercial Solicitor - Private Practice
COMMERCIAL LAWYER REQUIRED
Successful City firm required a commercial lawyer to join their growing Corporate & Commercial practice. Although the firm provides legal services to many domestic and start–up companies, they are well known for meeting the commercial legal requirements of the UK subsidiaries and Establishments of international and multi–national corporations, many of which are household names. A large number of their clients are headquartered in the Asia Pacific. They currently provide a wide range of commercial advice and wish to consolidate this and expand into new opportunities that arise for those clients.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' PQE.
Areas of expertise would include some or all of the following:
- Sale of goods and services, including cross border
- Consumer law
- Product liability
- Agency and distribution
- Data protection
- Intellectual property
Candidates will ideally have experience in most if not all of the areas listed above, and show a willingness to learn more about areas where the candidate has less or no experience.
It is important that the candidate is comfortable advising clients directly, particularly clients who are not always familiar with English law and commercial practices generally.
The firm offer
- Interesting and varied work coming from their superb client bank of international and multinational corporate clients
- Their team of new–business developers means there is less pressure on lawyers to source new business
- Unlike many law firms, they do not have prescriptive numbers of billable hours; they adopt a strong work–life balance
- Modern new offices
- Attractive salary (GBP70k–GBP100k) & benefits package; friendly and motivated staff.