Senior Legal Counsel
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award–winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
About the role
You will be responsible for providing legal guidance and support to D&B in connection with its Worldwide Network (WWN) business globally. The WWN is a network of leading business information providers who have been selected as exclusive distributors of D&B products in their markets, and a key part of D&B's international business.
The Senior Attorney will be responsible for reviewing and managing the processes, relationship structures and operating methods as part of D&B International business.Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the President for International, SVP for WWN, Associate General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel to ensure worldwide network global and cross–functional alignment;
- Advising and project managing international and cross–jurisdictional WWN deals to conclusion;
- Negotiating and drafting long–term agreements with WWN members' customers and their procurement professionals and attorneys;
- Advising on commercial deal structures;
- Providing business focused advice on deal execution, advising on commercial deal structuring and negotiating/drafting global contracts;
- Working with other internal constituents (e.g. product management, product development, marketing, vendor management, data & operations, pricing, finance) to support business initiatives that affect WWN contract management and compliance;
- Designing, implementing and leading initiatives to enhance and improve D&B's standard WWN processes, contract forms and methodologies;
- Supporting cross functional strategic initiatives relating to D&B's ongoing commercial relationships with WWN members, including new product introductions, data innovation, technology improvements and commercial arrangements;
- Monitoring and keeping the business abreast of legal and regulatory developments impacting the WWN business, in consultation with outside experts, in order that D&B leadership teams can react accordingly and coordinate actions.
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with proven experience of supporting a complex global distribution network including negotiating distribution agreements and the full range of related documentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract law, intellectual property licensing and commercial contracting concepts is essential
- Experience of supporting a multinational organization and supporting a distributed, established stakeholder community with diverse and evolving priorities
- Demonstrated ability to advise and influence internal partners at all levels.
- Strong organisational, analytical, oral and written communication, and problem solving skills essential.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team.
- A self–starting, proactive learner with fresh ideas and a collaborative mindset.
- Good computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) are essential
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at . Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending
Global Recruitment Privacy Notice