Senior Legal Counsel
At JFrog, we're reinventing DevOps to help the world's greatest companies innovate and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all–around great people. Here, if you're willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone's lives, you'll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production a concept we call "liquid software." Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are looking for a passionate, business–savvy, talented Senior Legal Counsel (Commercial) to join our Legal Team in London, UK. This is a unique opportunity to be our first legal representative in Europe at JForg's growing site in the UK, and will be tasked with the exciting opportunity of building a local legal in–house representation in the UK. In this unique role you will be working cross–functionally and closely with internal business partners, customers, external partners and vendors supporting EMEA and APAC sales efforts, procurement, HR, corporate, finance and other commercial related transactions with the opportunity to grow into other functional areas. The position is based at our London office.As a Senior Legal Counsel, Commercial in JFrog you will
- Have the responsibility of representing JFrog's in–house Legal Team at the London site, working closely with local management on the exciting journey of JFrog India growth, while maintaining close connection with the Legal Team worldwide.
- Be an integral member of the commercial function in EMEA (and APAC, as needed), supporting the sales process to drive revenue while managing risk.
- Partner with and advise business teams in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of a broad range of sales and commercial agreements, including some combination of SaaS and other technology licensing agreements, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and technology partnership agreements.
- Support and coordinate with subject matter experts relating to compliance, finance, government, export control, product development, intellectual property, data security and privacy.
- Law degree from an accredited law school (LLB); Admitted to practice in the UK, at least;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience as an in–house legal counsel, preferably in a Hi–Tech company, and some experience as a lawyer in a first–tier law firm.
- Substantive experience in commercial business transactions, including sales and purchase contracts in software licensing; intellectual property related considerations including licensing, IP ownership and risk allocation; independently managing and directing cross–border projects.
- Substantive experience in the commercial aspect of a business, including HR, procurement, corporate governance, finance support etc.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and ability to connect with, and gain the respect of, cross–functional stakeholders.
- Excellent business sense, independent work skills and legal judgment with the ability to identify and escalate matters that require urgent attention.
- Ability to make discretionary decisions with confidence and minimal guidance.
- Capacity to interact and communicate with senior leadership and remain adaptable in a changing business environment.
- A collaborative approach and the interest in working in a fast–paced, team–oriented environment.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail with a mindset that processes can always be improved.
- High integrity and professionalism, strong sense of ownership, and eagerness to learn.