Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we're delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
Dechra is a global specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high–quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide. As a member of the global legal team, this position will be legal counsel. The role requires an individual that can engage with all parts of the business. The role will require the holder to work closely with other members of the Group legal team some of whom are based in Europe and North America. All legal team members will necessarily have a close working relationship with the Company Secretarial and Compliance teams.
The Legal Counsel shall assist the General and Senior Legal colleagues (particularly in the UK) with the delivery of timely and commercially–focused legal support to all parts of the Dechra Group but with a particular focus on colleagues based in Europe, including the UK, and those working for the International division.
This role will suit a junior lawyer who wishes to be exposed to a wide–variety of interesting commercial work as part of the global team, but with the support and supervision of several experienced solicitors and overseas lawyers. Some work will naturally be new and challenging so the individual should have curiosity, common sense and resilience.
Dechra is a friendly, collaborative and people–focused business and so the applicant needs to be confident working with colleagues across the globe. The applicant will need good listening skills, cultural awareness and to enjoy working with others.
Dechra is part of the FTSE 250, listed on the London Stock Exchange, with revenue of approximately GBP680 million. Dechra has seen rapid growth over the last 5 years. Since 2015, the Group has completed 30 acquisitions worldwide.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
Assist GC and Senior Legal Counsel UK with the following:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including:
- sales contracts such as distribution, warehousing and rebate agreements; advising on legally compliant rebate schemes
- consultancy and service agreements, including MSAs
- Promotions, sponsorships and donations
- licences of intellectual property and research agreements
- Support on corporate sales and acquisitions.
- Dealing with early–stage disputes.
- Instruct and manage external advisors; liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Support of junior colleagues.
- Contribute to the Legal teams internal training and knowledge–base.
- Upkeep of standard legal template contracts and forms to ensure they are fit for purpose and regularly updated to reflect new legislation and best practice.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We're particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Right to work and practice law in the UK
- Strong commercial law experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel within UK and internationally
- Experience resolving legal issues and providing strategic, well–reasoned, constructive solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate legal advice
- Ability to work collaboratively and effective with key stakeholders and business partners
- Demonstrable influencing capability
- Strong negotiation, communication, drafting and interpersonal skills
- Self–starter with ability to work independently yet be a team player
- In–house experience desirable
- Animal or human health experience desirable
- IT and DP experience desirable