Are you a successful trademark paralegal looking for a challenging opportunity? If so, this could be the right opportunity for you.
In this role, you will provide dedicated trademark paralegal support to GSK’s global pharmaceutical trademark portfolio under supervision of managing lawyer.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Prepare documents for lawyer review including filing applications, all prosecution matters and notices of opposition, including considering appropriate strategy for use of international filing systems.
- Coordinate foreign trademark searches, assess results from external counsel and prepare search reports for review by lawyer.
- Working with external counsel, request searches, instruct filing of applications, including agreeing specifications, prosecuting applications, responding to basic Office Actions, instructing oppositions and exercising judgment in collating evidence to support the opposition and reviewing draft pleadings, infringement actions, licenses and other matters.
- Correspond with and advise business clients regarding a broad range of trademark issues.
- Work collaboratively with trademark lawyers and paralegals in LBP and colleagues in Legal.
- Review watch notices, complete research to assess the impact of third-party marks and make recommendations to the lawyer on proposed course of action.
- Assist with due diligence review of brand protection assets for acquisitions, divestments and other transactions.
- Manage all deadlines and tasks relating to the portfolio; set up and update records on our trademark management database.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of Trademark paralegal experience
- Expertise in a wide range of trademark processes, including filing applications and oppositions/cancellations, managing conflicts, trademark searching and clearance, watching, registration renewal and due diligence
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of worldwide trademark filing strategies
- Experience managing projects
- Experience working transnationally with business clients, legal colleagues and third parties
- Experience supporting the protection of a large, international trademark portfolio and/or major corporate trademark portfolio