Conair is seeking a highly motivated temporary trademark paralegal with 3 or more years of solid experience to join its in-house Trademark Department for a 5-6 month temporary assignment.
The right candidate will be a team player with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced Legal Department.
The Temporary Trademark Paralegal will work in the Company’s Legal Department under the supervision of the Chief Trademark Counsel and will liaise with Company personnel at all levels of the organization throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Use Saegis trademark searching software to conduct preliminary US and international screening searches.
- Analyze trademark screening/search results and draft reports for marketing teams.
- Docket trademark filing deadlines and handling trademark maintenance filings.
- Prepare electronic filings of U.S. trademark applications and other trademark-related documents with the USPTO.
- Instruct and liaise with foreign counsel.
- Coordinate the signing and legalization of POA’s and other documents.
- Assist Chief Trademark Counsel and Senior Trademark Paralegal by gathering product packaging, marketing and other materials for filings and litigation
- Advise in-house clients regarding general trademark matters
- Assist Chief Trademark Counsel and Chief Patent Counsel with anti-counterfeiting matters, including online brand protection, global customs registrations, coordinating attorney/law enforcement trainings, and other related activities.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience, including substantial work experience with domestic and international searching, clearance, trademark filings, prosecution and docketing.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of and experience with Saegis and PATTSY, Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Word.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, effective at multi-tasking, able to work well under pressure and to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Industry experience a plus, but not required.
- In-house corporate experience preferred but not required.