4 days left
- Contract Type
Role: Litigation Director
Leading law firm looking to recruit experienced Civil Litigation Director for highly sought permanent positon.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client's accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Litigation Department background:
Our client's Litigation department assist with a wide range of challenging and complex property dispute matters. Their team advise a broad range of clients including institutional landlords, developers and private individuals. The specialist practitioners understand the complexities of both commercial and residential disputes from all perspectives and ensure that the advice given is tailored to the specific needs of their clients.
Our client has expertise in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Building Disputes
- Civil Fraud
- Consumer/ Commercial Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Interim Applications
- International Cross Border Disputes
- Probate Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Residential Property Disputes
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to and collaborating with the Board to ensure performance targets are met
- Responsible for all aspects of Litigation work including providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Variety of duties including dealing with a range of Litigation cases including: ADR/mediation; Banking and financial disputes; Bankruptcy and insolvency; Breach of contract disputes; Civil fraud; Commercial property/company disputes; Debt recovery and enforcement claims; Intellectual property infringement disputes; Interim applications as well as undertaking your own advocacy.
- Dealing with emergency cases, and identifying and carrying out strategic litigation.
- Preparing draft documents including witness statements and processing evidence
- You will have a professional proactive approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required
- 3+Years PQE with proven experience of Litigation, including court representation essential.
- Experience in own advocacy
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills and able to lead a team
- Committed team player with ability to approach team concerns fairly, foster culture of positive change and encourage cross referrals
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro–active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities involved
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent IT Skills – familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If this sounds of interest apply now for one of our agents to contact you.
By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company.