Legal Intellectual Property Administrator to join our Colchester legal clients Intellectual Property team. In your role as Legal Intellectual administrator, you will be working closely with the other members of the agile and creative Intellectual Property team where you will be responsible for providing a full Intellectual property administrative support service. You will have an interest and ideally knowledge in IP law, excellent written and verbal communication skills, for client facing and internal communications. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain exposure in a more client focused role.The Role
- Supporting patent and trade mark attorneys with their work
- Reviewing incoming emails, taking note of instructions and deadlines, replying where appropriate, and saving to electronic files
- Booking meetings for new and existing clients, processing new enquiries, booking client meetings and accurately managing the client files.
- Communicating with clients about their IP matters and working closely with other external agents.
- Preparing the forms for and filing patent, trade mark and design applications under supervision.
- Dealing with invoices, post, internal and external, distributing, actioning and filing as required.
- Euro–GB validation work.
- International (UK & Euro handling office) filing.
- Compiling Information disclosure statements.
- Payment of renewals and sending renewal reminders
- Communication with registries (UK / Europe / WIPO)
- Ideally possess experience in a patent or trade mark administration or secretarial role
- Must have previous experience in a general administrative or secretarial role
- Ideally be familiar with UK, European and international systems such as Madrid and the PCT
- Strong typing skills
- Excellent timekeeping and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive, friendly and helpful approach to being a team player
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own
- IT literacy skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Benefits to you
- Salary dependant on experience
- Holiday 25 days holidays
- Extensive training will be provided.
- Entitled to the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service Schemes and the Firm's Private Health Scheme upon commencement of employment
- Enrolment in the Firm's Workplace Pension Scheme upon completion of three months employment and subject to the rules of the scheme.
- Opportunity to work or a leading very recognised law firm
- Lovely working environment
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has not been successful.