Client Development Manager-Intellectual Property Litigation
The IP client development manager will be responsible for providing guidance and input on the business plan and drive execution. Along with other team members, the client development manager will lead on related pitches and RFPs ensuring the firm is strategic in its approach and positioning itself to win the work.
Leading global law firm, advising clients on significant transactions and disputes. Exceptional teams craft and deploy creative legal strategies that are meticulously tailored to every matter, however complex or high–stakes. The firm's work is distinguished by a unique combination of precision and vision.
- Lead the overall business development and marketing efforts for assigned practices and/or regions as well as providing support for individual partner business objectives.
- Lead and oversee preparation of pitches, RFPs (with RFP team) and other client facing materials including leading strategy sessions, internal debriefs and tracking outcomes.
- Spearhead the drafting and maintaining of practice–specific marketing materials and collateral including deal lists and the collection of relevant matters.
- Support the practice's key client efforts and work with colleagues to ensure the identification, development, and growth of high–value clients.
- Collaborate with functional managers on relevant visibility and speaking opportunities, communications, recognition, directory participation and digital marketing initiatives.
- Plan and oversee seminars, events (with the events team), and other targeted marketing activities.
- Act as a lead on additional related projects within the Department or Firm as assigned.
- Experience with strategic business development planning and pitching, with litigation knowledge preferred
- Exceptional professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with lawyers at varying levels including firm leadership
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- University degree
- 5–7 years of experience in professional services, legal preferred
- 2+ years of team management experience preferred
Exceptional compensation and benefits package
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.