Legal Director, Commercial Rush Street Interactive Chicago Director
- Provide expert legal counsel and advice on a wide range of matters, including but not limited to contracts, intellectual property, litigation and labor and employment.
- Assist in the negotiation, drafting, and review of various contracts and legal documents to protect the organization's interests.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify potential legal risks and provide proactive solutions to address them.
- Stay up–to–date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry trends to ensure the organization's compliance and competitiveness.
- Participate in the development and implementation of legal policies, practices and procedures to maintain legal standards and best practices.
- Assist in managing litigation and dispute resolution efforts, including coordinating with external counsel when necessary.
- Experience and/or knowledge of intellectual property matters, preferred
- Provide legal support for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic initiatives.
- Conduct legal research to support business decisions and initiatives.
- Train and educate company employees on legal matters, policies, and compliance issues.
- Assist in the management and supervision of legal department staff as required.
All About You:
- 5–10 years of experience practicing law, with a strong background in commercial contracts
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a leadership role within a legal department is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem–solving, and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to align legal strategies with overall organizational goals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in cross–functional teams.
- Detail–oriented and well–organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High ethical standards and professional integrity.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and active bar membership in a state within the United States
What makes us great:
- Work–life balance initiatives
- Opportunity to travel to global offices
- Autonomy – we embrace personal freedom and responsibility
- Creativity – we are open to new ideas of how we can be better
- Growth – we want you to develop personally as well as professionally
- Top–notch professionals who are passionate about what they doing
- People–oriented environment and supportive atmosphere
As a rapidly growing company in an emerging industry, you'll have a huge impact on our product and our company. We like proactive team members and strive to have a company of self–disciplined professionals who enjoy collaboration, having fun, and of course, achieving together what others believe to be improbable. We are dedicated to treating everyone with respect and to support your professional and personal growth.
Rush Street Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and expression, marital status, family status, lifestyle, age, culture, religion, military, and veteran status, citizenship, or disability.
Be at the forefront of this ground–breaking industry! Apply now!